.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Just-Stam
things that just are

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Stupid Customer Service

From The Baltimore Sun:

A tale of customer service, justice and currency as funny as a $2 bill


I'm thinking, 'I'll stage my little comic protest. I'll pay the $114 with $2 bills.'"

At Best Buy, they may have perceived the protest -- but did not sense the comic aspect of 57 $2 bills.

"I'm just here to pay the bill," Bolesta says he told a cashier. "She looked at the $2 bills and told me, 'I don't have to take these if I don't want to.' I said, 'If you don't, I'm leaving. I've tried to pay my bill twice. You don't want these bills, you can sue me.' So she took the money. Like she's doing me a favor."

He remembers the cashier marking each bill with a pen. Then other store personnel began to gather, a few of them asking, "Are these real?"

"Of course they are," Bolesta said. "They're legal tender."
Continue the story

Via Gizmodo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home