.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Just-Stam
things that just are

Friday, February 27, 2004

From a White House press conference yesterday:

PRESIDENT BUSH: Here's what we're going to do. I will make a statement. [Georgian President Saakashvili] will make a statement. I will then call upon an American correspondent to ask a question. The President will call upon a Georgian correspondent. We'll have two questions per side.

[snip]

PRESIDENT BUSH: Thank you. Hold on for a second. Deb, we're going to --
Q: What do you think about --
PRESIDENT BUSH: Hold on. Will somebody translate --
PRESIDENT SAAKASHVILI: It's in English.
PRESIDENT BUSH: I understand. I understand. Hold on for a second. The way this is going to work is this.

Q: I'm from Georgia.

PRESIDENT BUSH
: I know you are, excuse me. We're going to start with the American press, and then there will be a Georgian press, and then there will be an American press, and then there will be a Georgian press. That's the best way to maintain order, so we don't have everybody yelling at the same time.


Courtesy of http://www.wonkette.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home